Friday, May 4, 2012

Elf Studio Clutch Pallet

At first when I got this I thought, "Wow!"

After swatching it I was like, "Okay"

I swatched them dry with a brush applicator, later I'll swatch them with a sponge applicator and do another swatch with it wet.

The picture is pretty true to color on their site, 'cept the turquoise is so much brighter and beautifuler.
I'm not sure if I'd recommend this or not, I wanted it to travel with, but it seems too fragile to carry around everywhere. The colors are not that pigmented either. The bronzer has orange undertones, so unless you're tan, its useless.

I knew the lip colors would be useless, though I didn't think it'd be that bad! It applies extremely uneven, has a horrible texture and drys out your lips! Also, it has almost no color and doesn't last even 30 mins! The highlight color is oily and you can barely pick any of it up, with your finger or with a brush or sponge!


~
Also, for being "on the go" there's only sponge applicators. They should get rid of the lipgloss and add a face sponge applicator or move the highlight there and space out the blush/bronzer.

Switching out one of the sponge applicators for a small brush applicator or a small angled liner(like whats included with the cream liners) would benefit greatly. There's nothing included to apply your brow gel/powder. A liner brush would also benefit so you can apply the powder as a liner(since eyeliner is not included in the kit)

Something to note is the case also gets dirty fast! I've grabbed it a few times and it looks all messy! Might be all the lotion on my hands but it's tat kind of plastic :/

I bought this on sale for $7 instead of the full $15, and I guess it's alright. It's quite powdery and has a lot of talc.

Elf also gives this away as a freebie with a code, or free shipping... In case you're interested in this product.

Tags: clutch elf pallet gift okay so-so eye eyeshadow blush bronzer lip lipgloss  brow gel powder powdery case studio dry needs improvement

No comments:

Post a Comment