Thursday, May 3, 2012

*NEW* Elf 4 Piece Nail Polish Set
  
(From their website, mostly true to color)

Elf's new addition to their Spring 2012 collection includes:

Coral Dream (A peachy orange)
Flirty Fuchsia (A pink with orange tones)
Party Peach  (An orangey pink, less red than picture)
Smokin' Hot (A pink red, not a 'real' hot pink, less red in picture, but a wearable red)


Ugh... I know I am new to Elf's nail polishes but this was a HUGE disappointment! Looking at the jars you can see distortions/warps in how the glass was formed, the lids also twist rougher than the older ones and also don't twist into place!ALL of the colors I received were watery,making it very hard to apply without streaking! The worst and watery-est was Coral Dream. I bought this on sale making it out to be $2.50 instead of $5. I would NOT be paying full price for any of these colors. The Flirty Fushia was similar in color to Bubble Gum, only less bright. I'd get Bubble Gum instead of the watery Flirty Fushia.


(Party Peach, Coral Dream, Flirty Fuchsia, Smokin' Hot)

Oh and the packaging was adorable! I saved the backsplash to use on my shelf(where I keep some of my makeup)

*EDIT*
Turns out I had a bad batch. My friend did my nails and she had this set. They were still watery but not clear like mine. I am thinking about contacting elf about this. The Coral Dream is a very cute peach. Hopefully if I order again I won't get another bad batch :/



Tags: disappointing dissapointed  elf spring 2012 nail polish nailpolish coral orange pink bad streaky sale haul bogo fuchsia compare swatch swatches new product

No comments:

Post a Comment